Bakers Arms dates back to 1680 when it was a single cottage. It was later extended and made into a pub, which was open until the late 1950s when it was converted into a private house.
At the rear of the main house is a sunny courtyard. At the east side of this is a row of 3 small cottages. One has been converted and used as a holiday let - Wistaria cottage, which will be open for business as soon as we take posession. The second is near fully converted and was used as an office - jasmine cottage, which will be open as soon as conversion is complete.
To the north stretch the gardens nearly 300 metres back from the road, arranged in a series og rooms. The gardens require a lot of maintenance but are accessible for walking and exploring. Access is via a lawned path or via the ruins of an old skittle alley. Beyond is a private lawn for visitors. Than an area with the river Parrett bordering on the west side. Half way down the garden is a bridge where the river crosses the garden and borders the property on the east side. Cross a bridge to an open area with a small orchard and a spring then at the north end the garden is a lawned, wooded area with an intermittent spring and some splendid trees. This area appears to once have been a quarry for inferior oolite stone - essentialy Portland stone, from which is built the house.