Baker's Arms Holiday Cottages
South Perrott, Dorset
This is an owners own site, run by Richard and Mary Torrens.
Dog (and cat) friendly holiday cottages in West Dorset.
The Bakers Arms used to be a pub until 1957. It is now a private house with a large garden astride the river Parrett. But in the courtyard is a row of buildings, on the left in the photo
Two are holiday cottages
- The Old Bakery, sleeps 3 - double bedroom and a single.Open as soon as covid allows.
- Jasmine cottage sleeps 2 - double bedroom. Open as soon as covid allows.
- Dog friendly
- The cottages are dog friendly (bring your own dog!). The River Parrett runs through the gardens of over 2 acres, which are open for walking your dog and for exploring.
- The 2 acre grounds are open for visitors. However they have been a little under-valued for the past 20 years so we have much to do to restore former glory. Volunteer gardeners especially welcome!
- A large part of the garden was once a quarry - presumably around 1680 when the old part of the house was built.
South Perrott is a small picture-book village 2½ miles south east of Crewkerne. It in the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and is an ideal base for exploring West Dorset, South Somerset (1 mile) and East Devon (12 miles). The River Parrett Trail passes through the village, past The Baker's Arms. There are other footpaths from the village to Mosterton, Chedington, North Perrott (all 3 have pubs!) and further. The Monarch's Way passes as close as 2Km.
Visitors are welcome to discuss days out, scenic drives, places to visit etc. with us. If we don't know we will do our best to find out!
In due course I will be leading wild food and fungus walks.
Document URI: http://westdorset.org/index.html
Page first published 2nd of July, 2020.
Last modified: Thu, 21 Jan 2021 12:44:19 GMT
©2020 - 2021 Richard Torrens